If I was inspired towards calling any single kitchen cupboard ingredient magic, it would most definitely be sesame oil. Why? Because there’s just so many uses for it to benefit your health and wellbeing, with it’s anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Here are just seven ways we use sesame oil here at Organikal Towers – make sure you’re using cold pressed, unfiltered and not the toasted variety;
- Athletes Foot : Rub on some sesame oil for instant relief from itching and a quick clear up of flaky skin.
- Cold symptoms or blocked sinus : Relieve your symptoms with a sesame oil nasal rub.
- Gum disease : Use a sesame oil mouthwash each morning and regularly massage your gums with the elixir and you’ll start to see some improvements pretty quickly.
- Psoriasis or Eczema : An auto immune response, these type of skin conditions can be unsightly as well as uncomfortable. If your symptoms are mild and you wish to avoid applying steroids, then rub sesame oil on regularly and you’ll see the a drastic reduction in the number and severity of flaky patches.
- Sleeping trouble : Give yourself a luxurious foot massage with sesame oil before bed. Make sure your hands are warm and pop on a clean pair of organic cotton socks afterwards. You’ll sleep much better and your feet will be silky smooth in the morning
- Skin conditioner : Especially great in winter-time, dry brush your body then massage all over with warm sesame oil before jumping in your shower. You won’t need to moisturise afterwards!
- Scalp massage : An especially lovely gift to offer your significant other, a sesame oil scalp massage will make you both feel pretty special. It will be a bit whiffy, but if they leave the oil in overnight (be sure to protect pillows with a towel) then wash it out during their morning shower, they’ll also have beautifully conditioned hair.
Pssst ... Don't forget to sign up to news from Organikal - it's like a backstage pass to our organic lifestyle, including exclusive content, sneak previews and special offers. Complete the form below and receive your free Divine Spa PDF instantly.