Thank you all for visiting today. Years ago I worked in an office with some friends and we were proud to think of it as a space as comfortable as our living rooms. A space where we can put our slippers on, grab a coffee and make some chat. Chat that provides comfort and inspiration. I like to think of my online office as just such a space – and the people I make chat with every bit as important as those colleagues who were also friends.
And so my thanks today must also go to writing coach Joanna Paterson who is just such a person. A mainly online friend (but luckily sometimse online, too) who provides chat, support, inspiration and more and who was kind enough to grace this erstwhile blog with a One Lovely Blog Award – 10 Blogs for the Artist in Each of Us on one of her websites, The Mid Life Journal.
Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.
With the concept of ‘pay it forward‘ the condition of accepting the One Lovely Blog Award is to recommend 15 other blogs that may be new to you. And so here is my list. I can’t even make it to 10, but I do hope you will take a few moments to invite the 7 I have chosen (in no particular order) into your living room:
1. My Zero Waste : ‘Mrs Green’ and her family set out to reduce their landfill waste by as much as they could in 2008. In 2009 they sent only 1 wheelie bin’s content to the landfill. This year they’re hoping to create zero landfill waste. Everytime I put something into my landfill bin I question whether it can’t be reused or recycled, and if I couldn’t have found an alternative in the first place. I even took photos of the recycle bins on the beaches in Spain – all because Mrs Green and her family take the time to remind us “there is no away” when it comes to waste.
2. Isabel Losada : Joanna included some Facebook pages in her award post, and this is one I just couldn’t leave out. Isabel is a best selling author who really does change the world. Her writing is authentic, humorous and heartfelt. I know, I’ve read every book so far! Using Facebook comes so naturally to Isabel, you’ll be provoked and amused in equal measure.
3. Magical Meditations 4 Kids : A new blog from therapist and storyteller, Heather Bestel, Magical Meditations celebrates children. Together with her husband Peter, daughter Zoe and Sid the Lab – Heather inspires me to seek out more magic with my own family every day. I’m so delighted that Heather’s wonderful expertise has manifested in this blog site and set of 4 Magical Meditations CDs. If you’ve got kids, or grandchildren you’ll find lots here.
4. Little Dishy : Juliet is what you might call a ‘class act’. I was ever so pleased she started blogging again at Little Dishy. Cooking, making, sewing, baking! I read this blog in the hope that Juliet’s elegance will rub off on me. Even just a little … please?
5. Attic 24 : Lucy is the owner of this rather lovely blog. I can often be found ravishing her blog and devouring her colourful photography. Primarily interested in her easy to follow crochet patterns, I have to admit to being something of a voyeur into her life and coveting a little. Be warned, this blog is a little like craft porn.
6. Sharing Travel Experiences : Do you want to travel more? It’s a dream so many of us can identify with, and it’s what this next blog is all about. Andy Hayes is That Travel Guy who operates this aspirational blog, and invites you to experience some pretty amazing places every day. Take some time out, put your feet up and use it for the inspiration for your next trip. There’s even a travel concierge on hand to make that become a reality …
7. Socks For Happy People : Socks made from organic cotton. Buy one pair, give a (warm) pair to a child in Mongolia. What’s not to love about this social enterprise from Tom and Rich? Their blog always gives me something to think about and it’s not always about socks
And if after visiting those 7 blogs you’ve got the appetitie for more, why not browse Dorset Cereal’s Little Blog Awards? One of my mini rewards for reaching milestones in my task lists is to grab a cup of something hot and spend some time exploring these lovely blogs. Sometimes, I forget to go back to my task list …
The criteria for accepting the award are as follows:
* Post it with the name of the person who granted you the award along with a link to her Web site.
* Pass the award on 15 blogs that you have newly discovered (if possible).
* Contact the bloggers to notify them they have received the award.
Pssst ... Don't forget to sign up to news from Organikal - it's like a backstage pass to our organic lifestyle, including exclusive content, sneak previews and special offers. Complete the form below and receive your free Divine Spa PDF instantly.